Who is it for?
This service is available to any organisation including businesses, public bodies, charities etc. All SRSB trustees, staff and volunteers also benefit from this training.
Where and when?
VIA Training is available at our Mappin Street Centre or at your own premises.
This can be tailored to suit your requirements and could be half a day or a full day. We also periodically run courses that include individuals from several different organisations.
What does it cover?
Training is tailor made to suit the individual organisation. However, certain aspects are the same for all courses:
- SRSB’s services
- What is Visual Impairment?
- How we can recognise someone with sight problems
- What can blind and partially sighted people see?
- Different sight conditions
- Meeting a blind or partially sighted person
- Different forms of communication
- Useful information
- Simulation Specs exercise
- Sighted guiding
On completion of the course, you will receive an individual certificate and an organisational certificate as appropriate.
How much is it?
This varies upon the nature of the training, your specific requirements and your own circumstances.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements – telephone 0114 272 2757 or e-mail email@example.com